OK, you made the decision. You’ve done a few scenes, hired an agent, and started your career in the adult business. Now what? Here are some basic advice that I pass onto my grrls, my friends and even, the grrls I don’t call friends.
- Be smart always! If you are not sure about something, please get help and don’t ever be afraid to ask.
- Save your money.
- Avoid ALL the drama! As soon as you feel, see or hear drama, run!
- Find someone you trust and express to them your feelings about your life and work. If you are having trouble, talking ALWAYS helps.
- Question everything and everyone. Please don’t take what anyone says as gospel. Get second opinions!
- Cleanliness is very important. Take care of yourself, your body and your clothes. I’m tired of grrls not understanding that you need to be clean!!!
- Punctuality is key! Always plan ahead and show up on time. Being late is lame and it’s also disrespectful.
- If you decide to jump into the world of privates, please be very, very careful. This is a whole different game and can be profitable, but also dangerous. Again, do your homework, talk to someone who is already doing it and make sure you do it for the right reasons.
- PLEASE don’t be “that grrl” who drinks too much, does too many drugs and then acts stupid because she’s dying for attention. Trust me when I say that these grrls never last very long. Also, everyone laughs at them, not with them.
- If you choose this life/work, go BIG or go home. The grrls that are successful and popular are grrls who are professional, smart, committed and fun.
Follow Richard on Twitter